To begin with the texture of this is in between a smoothie and a nice cream but whatever it is, it satisfies my sugar cravings and under 200 calories that for me is a win! Pick ripe bananas for this recipe and once they are ripened freeze them for at least 4 hours. This one’s so basic and yet so tasty I had to share this with you’ll!
- 2 Frozen banana (Peeled & cut)
- 1 Cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder of choice (I use My Protein – Smooth Chocolate)
- Pick the bananas that are turning brown. Peel and cut into pieces. Freeze in an airtight bag or container.
- To make the smoothie place the frozen banana, greek yogurt and the protein powder in a blender. Pulse till all the banana pieces are blended well and smooth. Add some milk (3-4 tablespoons) if you find it hard to blend the frozen bananas. I just keep pulsing till I get the desired consistency It helps when the bananas are chopped to small pieces.
- Pour it into a bowl, top it with some nuts & raisins and serve immediately.
Notes: The above recipe will serve 2. The protein powder I use is from My Protein. However I used to previously use the R1 Protein-Chocolate fudge. Both these options are not chalky, they blend well with milk/yogurt and they have tons of flavor options, but I am always inclined towards chocolate. While you don’t have to use a frozen banana for this recipe, I recommend it because it will make the texture creamier and thicker.
That’s the consistency you want!