What is better than a healthy snack that is tasty and ready to eat whenever you have a sweet craving? There are so many versions of protein snacks and desserts out there, I thought I should try and make one too. I mostly have them in the evenings or post workout as a quick snack or whenever I crave for something sweet.
These are super quick and easy to make chocolate protein balls. All you have to do is add all the ingredients listed in a bowl and mix it all up and make little balls!
I made mine with My Protein – impact whey and I love the chocolate smooth flavor. I use it in my overnight oats too. The best part is that you can really add whatever extra ingredients you want. I have added chocolate chips however you can add dried cranberries, dates, raisins or chopped up nuts.
Add the dry ingredients in a big bowl. Combine the dry ingredients well first and add the wet ingredients to this, I like to use my hands during this part because stirring with a spoon can get a bit difficult and its so much easier to mix them all well with your hands!
You can add 1-2 teaspoon of milk if required to make it stick. It yielded me 11 little balls and it was around 75 calories each.
- Quick oats – 1 cup
- Protein Powder(chocolate)-1 1/2 scoop
- Chocolate chips-2 teaspoons
- Honey – 3/4 cup
- Peanut butter-2 tablespoons
- Combine the oats, protein powder and choco chips (nuts/raisins if adding)
- Add honey and peanut butter in a smaller bowl, mix it well.
- Now add the wet mixture to the oats mixture.
- Get in there and combine everything together using your hand. Add extra honey if the mixture is too dry. Once it is all mixed well, wet your hands and form tiny balls.
- Now place them in a tray and refrigerate it for 15-30 minutes.
- Enjoy these chewy babies. You can store them in a container in the fridge for up to a week.
Give this a try and let me know how you like it!