What is better than a healthy snack that is tasty and ready to eat whenever you have a sweet craving? There are so many versions of protein snacks and desserts out there, I thought I should try and make one too. I mostly have them in the evenings or post workout as a quick snack or whenever I crave for something sweet.
These are super quick and easy to make chocolate protein balls. All you have to do is add all the ingredients listed in a bowl and mix it all up and make little balls!
I made mine with My Protein – impact whey and I love the chocolate smooth flavor. I use it in my overnight oats too. The best part is that you can really add whatever extra ingredients you want. I have added chocolate chips however you can add dried cranberries, dates, raisins or chopped up nuts.
Add the dry ingredients in a big bowl. Combine the dry ingredients well first and add the wet ingredients to this, I like to use my hands during this part because stirring with a spoon can get a bit difficult and its so much easier to mix them all well with your hands!
You can add 1-2 teaspoon of milk if required to make it stick. It yielded me 11 little balls and it was around 75 calories each.
- Quick oats – 1 cup
- Protein Powder(chocolate)-1 1/2 scoop
- Chocolate chips-2 teaspoons
- Honey – 3/4 cup
- Peanut butter-2 tablespoons
- Combine the oats, protein powder and choco chips (nuts/raisins if adding)
- Add honey and peanut butter in a smaller bowl, mix it well.
- Now add the wet mixture to the oats mixture.
- Get in there and combine everything together using your hand. Add extra honey if the mixture is too dry. Once it is all mixed well, wet your hands and form tiny balls.
- Now place them in a tray and refrigerate it for 15-30 minutes.
- Enjoy these chewy babies. You can store them in a container in the fridge for up to a week.
Give this a try and let me know how you like it!
So today I decided to make myself a big glass of smoothie since I have been eating a lot of junk lately and I realized I need to get in some good nutrients into my system.
A smoothie is a drink made from pureed veggies or fruits using a blender. While there are lot of ways to do one using milk or yoghurt. I opted for a super simple smoothie with just water and veggies/fruits.
I picked whatever was available in my refrigerator and I must say it tasted pretty good! So as always I love sharing anything that I feel will benefit you guys! To make this, you will need an apple, half a beet and 5-6 baby carrots, (If you are using the regular carrot, use just one. I for some reason love the baby carrots and find them juicer) and of course a blender. The detailed recipe is below.
- Beetroot – 1/2
- Baby Carrots – 5
- 1 Apple (Red delicious)
- 1 Cup of water
- Wash and remove the skin of the beet and roughly chop it and boil it for 3-4 minutes in a cup of water. You can also microwave it it a bowl of water for 3 mins. Once it’s done, save the water, we are going to be using the same for blending.
- Roughly chop the carrots and the apple. Add the beets, apple and the carrots to the blender with half of the water. Blend well. Add the remaining water and continue to blend till you get a thick smooth consistency. Smoothies are supposed to be thicker, however you can adjust the amount of water according to your likes.
- Add in 1-2 ice cubes if you want them chilled.
- That’s it. Pour it out to a big glass and enjoy! Have it immediately as the veggies and water will start to separate.
My Tips: If you like it sweeter go ahead and add a spoon of honey into it. Also if you don’t find the consistency appealing you can add 1 more glass of water when you blend and then strain the fibre out and that’s going to be the juice version. It’s good to have a smoothie now and then as these are packed with nutrients and fibre. If you have little kids who hate to eat their veggies this is one great way of sneaking it into their diet.
In the coming days I’m going to be trying out different ingredients and will keep you posted! 🙂